Offices in Knoxville and Jacksboro, TN
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn

Call for a Free Consultation | We are Available 24/7

Call Us423-449-7980

We are Available 24/7

TDOT’s HELP Program Prevents Congestion, Accidents

Posted on in Uncategorized

Knox County personal injury lawyerThe highways that crisscross Tennessee continue to see high levels of traffic congestion from cars, trucks, and other vehicles. Given our location and recent growth, highways in our metro areas and throughout the state can see regular traffic jams, plus those caused by incidents on the road. With all of that congestion, car accidents and truck accidents are frequent occurrences. These can result in severe personal injuries and property damage and can also make congestion worse. The HELP program from the Tennessee Department of Transportation (TDOT) can help drivers in the wake of incidents and even help prevent future accidents. 

Benefits of a Quick Response

For highway planning purposes, there is simply no way to build enough lanes and enough capacity to handle all traffic in all situations. Incident management has become recognized as an effective way to manage congestion that results from accidents, congestion, and other roadway incidents. The HELP program is able to dispatch trucks which assist local law enforcement respond quickly to incidents, assist drivers in non-injury accidents to move to the side of the road, and help with traffic control and lane closures when major accidents do occur.

By responding quickly and cutting down on additional backups, more accidents can be prevented. While 40 percent of congestion follows regular, predictable patterns, the other 60 percent is caused by accidents, disabled vehicles, debris in the road, and other non-recurring events. A full 20 percent of all accidents on the freeway follow an earlier accident which caused the initial backup.  

Car Accident Basics in Tennessee

If you have been in a motor vehicle accident, you may be eligible for compensation for your medical bills, pain and suffering, permanent disfigurement, and any lost wages you suffered as a result of missing work from the accident. It is helpful to know that even if you were partially at fault in an auto accident, it is still possible to recover compensation. Your total reward would be reduced by the percentage amount that you were found to be at fault. 

Contact a Knoxville Car Accident Attorney

Even the safest driver on well-maintained roads can suffer a car accident that results in a personal injury. If you have been in an accident and would like to learn your options, it is essential that you contact The Law Office of William F. Evans. Our Knox County personal injury lawyers can work with you through your case and help you recover maximum compensation. For your free consultation, please call us at 423-449-7980

 

Source:

https://www.tn.gov/tdot/traffic-operations-division/why-do-we-need-the-help-program.html

Lead Councel TACDL Elite Lawyer Top 40 Under 40 Tennessee Trial Lawyers Association National College of DUI Defense Member DWI Detection Certificate
Back to Top